Are you about to bring a new puppy home and want to set your new family member up for ultimate success?
1. Create Your Plan As a Family
- What will the puppy be allowed to do and what is he not allowed to do
- Be on the same page
- Puppies will quickly find the weak link
- Everyone in the house has to be consistent in what they expect from the puppy. Don’t get lazy
2. Prepare Your House
- Puppy Proof (Cords, plants, kids toys)
- Kennel/Play pen
- Needed Items
- Bowls, leash, collar
3. Feeding Time
- Breeders Food (make sure to get the food the breeder had the puppy on)
- How much to feed and how often
- Rules to switching food
- Stuffed Toys
- Chew Toys
5. Start Teaching the Basics
Bonus: Top mistake we see new puppy owners make: Using the dog’s name when they make a mistake instead of using the word no!
Their name needs to be desirable and the word no should be undesirable.